Vital Business Solutions
Peta Schimming started her business when her first client (a family friend) asked for some computer and accounting help. From there the word spread and Peta has obtained the relevant MYOB, BAS agent and accounting qualifications.
Here is what Peta shared about running her business:
Q. What did you do before you started this business?
I worked as a business services accountant.
Q. Describe your business and products/services you offer
My business, Vital Business Solutions (Vic) aims to empower small and micro businesses to manage and market themselves. I offer all the normal services, including bookkeeping, payroll and BAS but I also look to assist in process development to reduce bad debts and tailor product delivery. My exciting new product is a Business Benchmark Report. The report includes the following:
- A direct comparison between your business and your closest 3 competitors,
- An easy to read graphical summary of your prices compared to approximately 10 – 20 competitors,
- A non – technical product comparison of key features and additional features,
- A summary of the advertising methods used by your competitors including a selection images of their advertisements, key demographics, a SEO keyword review, and
- An easy to use Follow-Up Summary to encourage positive action and increased competitiveness.
Q. How many hours a week do you work in your business?
I am currently working very long hours
Q. What kind of online and offline marketing do you do and which is working for you?
At present my business is listed on the MYOB website and is promoted through word of mouth. From July this year I have begun using social media to promote Vital Business Solutions (Vic) and in September there is some paid advertising being released. (And my website will be complete)!
Q. Do you use social media as part of your marketing?
Yes. Social media is an important aspect of our business. Both for interacting with our users and attracting new ones.
Q. What mistakes have you made in running your business and what lessons have you learnt from those?
Past attempts (10 years ago) to grow the business as something sustainable were in vain as I acted like an employee and didn’t treat it as a business. The biggest lesson learned was that no matter how small – it is a business! You need to work on it and in it and at the end of the day – put it down
For more information, visit the Vital Business Solutions website