What are Drag-and-Drop Website Builders and Why are They Popular?
Websites are a necessity of every business. As more and more small businesses and startups are being introduced, the demand for easy to navigate website builders is increasing. And this is where a drag-and-drop website builder comes in.
The drag-and-drop website builders are pretty handy tools that allow you to build websites without the hassle of writing codes. With a drag-and-drop type of website builder, anyone can design a site instantly. It has become a popular choice among entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small businesses, as it saves both time and money.
Let’s find out exactly what drag-and-drop website builders are and why they are a popular choice for website designing these days!
What are Drag-and-Drop Website Builders?
There are two approaches through which you can build your websites. The first one is through the content management systems (CMS) like WordPress that require technical skills. While the second option is building sites in a codeless manner through drag-and-drop website builders like GoDaddy, Wix, or Squarespace.
The drag-and-drop website builder interface is the one that allows you to design the site by dragging and dropping content items on the website layout. You do not have to be a tech geek for this, nor do you have to hire a developer who will build it for you. It is the quickest, cheapest, and easiest way of building any type of website.
Moreover, now there are drag-and-drop tools for WordPress too. Experts debate over Elementor vs Divi to be the best ones for WordPress page building.
Why are Drag-and-drop Website Builders a Popular Choice?
The reasons that drag-and-drop website builders have become a popular choice are:
- Easy to navigate: You do not have to be tech savvy for operating the drag-and-drop builders as they are very easy to navigate, and it’s intuitive to run them.
- Templates and themes: There are a number of built-in templates and themes that make it easier for you to structure your website and make it look clean.
- Budget Friendly: As you will be building the website all yourself, you would not have to hire a developer for it. Moreover, various website builders also have a free plan through which you can design a basic site.
- Quick DIY Website Building: The drag-and-drop website builders not only allow you to DIY your site, but it’s the quickest way around it as you can build the website within a few hours.
- Customization: You can easily customize all the available templates and themes according to the needs of your website.
- Domain and host in one place: The drag-and-drop website designers provide you the domain name and hosting services too. So it’s convenient as you will get all the services in one place.
- Customer Support: Unlike open-source content management systems, the drag-and-drop website builders provide you with tech support too. Their helplines usually respond within 24 hours. So, if any issues occur, you won’t be on your own.
How Do Drag-and-drop Website Builders Work?
The drag-and-drop interface of website builders is considered to be really intuitive and easy. It means you require no technical background or coding skills for running them. Most of these website designers have hundreds of themes and layouts that you can customize on your own by dragging and dropping different items on the page layout.
Here are a few simple steps by following them you can easily design a website on a drag-and-drop website builder.
Step: 1 – Determine a clear goal of your website
Before starting with the designing part, but first things first. You must identify a clear goal and objective of your website. This will help you identify who your target audience is and then you can easily create a website that meets its purpose.
Step: 2 – Set-up account on a drag-and-drop website builder
Select one of the best drag-and-drop website builders and sign up for a free account. All you are required to do is provide your email address and set up a strong password, and that’s it. Now you are ready to design your site.
Step: 3 – Select the category and a theme
Then you have to choose the category your website falls in. Most website builders have options like eCommerce store, portfolio, blog, business, and others. After selecting that it will show you a number of templates, select one according to your preference and get started with the designing.
Step: 4 – Start editing
This is where the fun part begins, as now you can start editing by dragging and dropping elements to customize the theme. Every website builder provides tons and tons of different design elements that you can use on your web page.
Usually, these include images, videos, text blocks, buttons, comment sections, social media sharing buttons, background, banner, and much more. Adding these elements to your page is as simple as dragging your pointer.
Step: 5 – Fill in the content
After mapping out the structure and layout of your website, you can now add all the content. You can add the products, blog posts, details about your business, etc., to your site so that your audience knows what your website is about.
Check out this website design checklist.
Step: 6 – Go Live!
After that, by acquiring a domain name and hosting your website will be ready to go live!
Drag and drop website designers are the most convenient and popular choice for website building. On its drag-and-drop interface, all you require to do is drag the items from the editor and drop them where you want on the web page.
It is an ideal choice, especially for the novices, as it is a codeless way of building the site. Moreover, it is a better option for small businesses and entrepreneurs too, as it is cost-effective and less time-consuming. Also, they provide you with hundreds of themes and layouts that help you in organizing your website.
In addition to that, you can begin building your website for free, and if you face any issues, you can contact their tech support. Lastly, you will get the domain and the hosting at the same place too.