Planning the Design of Your Homepage
As published on Humaneity Global Show
In this episode we cover how to plan the design of your homepage.
Your website’s homepage, also known as the index, front or welcome page is your website’s sales page.
You have 7 seconds to grab someone’s attention and entice them to read more or take action.
This week’s AGENDA:
- Review what we discussed last time
- Website review – www.anotherwayeducation.org/
- Today’s topic – Planning the Design of Your Homepage
- FAQ – Should I design the website or get someone else to do it?
- Tools and downloadable
- Tagline – Benefit Driven
- Focus on Customer and Solve Problems
- Catchy Headlines
- Links to Key Areas of The Website
- Calls to Action
- Visual Appeal
- Contact Info
- Do not run text from left to right – create 2 – 3 columns
- Pen and Paper
- Great to see a video testimonial on program
- Ability to book online for Coaching and Counselling Services
- Links to social media
- The slideshow rotation is too harsh – images are pretty, but clearly stock images
- Tagline – Life Changing Journey to Happiness and Success is too general.
- Contact details should be a little more easier to read
- Needs consistency especially in image style, preferably use high quality / professional real images – consistency should be not only on website but on social networks
- Programs – missing calls to action
Should I design the website or get someone else to do it?
Create a layout of homepage