- Know your basic targets- your Break-even point (BEP) is the absolute first target.Most businesses I have worked with, have this made up number based on what they ‘think’ it is rather than what it actually is. This will scare most of you as most think it is much less than what it truly is, but without this as a minimum target, you will actually lose more money as you do not have the basic turn over target. Read more
Running my own business has been one of the most rewarding but challenging experiences of my life! It fulfils a lifelong dream I have had to work for myself and be master of my own destiny. Working from home gives me the flexibility to work hours that suit me and the opportunity to work in with our crazy family life. BUT… it is not for the faint of heart! The challenges sometimes seem insurmountable and on occasion my confidence wavers and I am left wondering if I can do this. Here are some of my tips for surviving the journey.
I have a fundamental belief that I can do anything, it all comes down to how much work I am prepared to put in to achieve a goal. As a small business owner you need to have an unbreakable belief in your ability to make it work. Self-doubt is corrosive and can very quickly undermine your energy levels whereas positive thinking breeds positive energy. Surround yourself with avid supporters and energetic, like-minded individuals who will encourage you along your start-up journey.
We all know that there are some extraordinary women in this world. Women who not only raise a family and juggle the household, but create, kickstart and grow a successful business. What else do we know? Well there is a new word in the English language to describe such a person and that is “Mumpreneur”.
The Oxford dictionary explains it as “a woman who sets up and runs her own business in addition to caring for her young child or children”. To me that sounds so beige. Too compartmentalized. Being a mumpreneur is a serious commitment, where life and business simultaneously flow together. I believe mums can have a financially successful business that is also personally fulfilling while nurturing a family as well. They just need to know the steps and have the courage to do it.
If you are about to jump into this world or already have jumped, there are 3 important questions you need to ask yourself in order to create your success:
- Inspire the Entrepreneur in You: Home Office Designs for Success
- Tips for Small Business Owners
- Improving customer loyalty through user experience
- Why Local SEO Is So Important for Your Business
- 6 Businesses You Can Run from Self Storage Units
- 10 Effective Ways to Make Shopping Easier for Customers
- 6 Basic WordPress Security Tips To Keep Your Website Safe From Hackers
- How Newbies Benefit from Printed Media
- 5 Considerations for Choosing a Web Hosting Provider
- Five Daily Habits You Should Have As a Business Owner
- 8 Amazing Ways For SEO To Help Small Businesses
- How to Defend Your Business Website from Negative SEO